About Aiken Downtown Development Association
Aiken Downtown Development Association is an organization made up of members and volunteers who all work toward a common goal: to improve the economic vitality, enhance the beauty and preserve the historical inheritance of downtown Aiken. Through our members and volunteers, we work to build community relationships to help maintain the quality of life in our vibrant downtown.
Different events are planned throughout the year to draw focus on downtown Aiken and to bring people in to see what a variety of shops, restaurants and services we have to offer. We work closely with the City of Aiken on policies and improvements that will help ensure that our downtown continues to be the jewel that it is.
The ADDA is a voice for its members at City Council and other meetings that have an impact on downtown Aiken. We serve as support for projects that promise to help improve downtown Aiken such as The Center for African American History, Art & Culture; the Aiken Railroad Depot and Visitors’ Center; and Celebrate Aiken. To find out more information about Aiken Downtown Development Association, call our office, email us or stop in for a visit!
The purpose of ADDA is to improve the economic vitality, enhance the beauty, and preserve the historical inheritance of downtown Aiken.
Downtown Aiken's improvements attract new businesses, residents, shoppers, and tourists. ADDA is recognized as a national leader in community innovation. Some refer to ADDA as the pulse of downtown!
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, Aiken Downtown Development Association is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.
Aiken Downtown Development Association (ADDA) Administrative Assistant
*** We are currently looking for a part-time employee that can transition into full-time as we approach summer and our events pick back up. Mostly a 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday position with an occasional evening or Saturday shift depending on needs related to an event. If working an event, your schedule will be balanced with hours off earlier in the week.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
- Answer phones and serve as a greeter to walk-in visitors
- Provide information to callers
- Greet visitors and answer questions
- Maintain front office
- Keep retail area marketable with the usage of signage and creative displays
- Assist with visual displays within the office
- Keep Downtown Dollars updated
- Maintain an accurate database of ADDA Members
- Deliver Downtown Dollar reimbursements to member businesses
- Maintain multiple databases and e-mail group lists
- Keep desktop and laptop information in sync
- Accurate ADDA Member lists
- Accurate downtown business list
- Volunteer/Supporter list
- Entertainer and vendor list
- Create and distribute information to the membership, such as newsletters, flyers, and promotional material
- Create two weekly newsletters
- Maintain an accurate calendar of events (in house and with outside media)
- Attend monthly Board of Directors’ meeting
- Serve as the Secretary for the monthly Board meetings.
- Accurately record and produce in a timely manner the minutes of each meeting
- Maintain marketing brochure inventory and office supplies
- Calendar of Events
- New Member Packet
- Keep specialty inventory organized
- Attend meetings and events as required (some may be after regular office hours)
- Event implementation may include lifting heavy items, standing on feet all day, and/or walking long distances
- Contact businesses and other contacts as needed
- Opportunity to Participate forms
- Emailed for each event
- Document and organize responses
- Contact board members and committee members concerning meeting times and places (reminders)
- Coordinate volunteers
- Opportunity to Participate forms
- Provide support services for committees
- Research and gather data for Executive’s use
- Website & Mobile Site Maintenance
- Check the website regularly for updates to the calendar, member lists, news & events
- Manage ADDA Facebook and create/manage a Facebook page for ADDA events (and other social media)
- Prepare reports on viewer data (Google Analytics)
- Help create and implement a marketing plan
- Design Posters and ads
- Write press releases/articles
- Help create, implement, receive and report survey information
- Writing correspondence to businesses, sponsors, and other organizations
- Meet with individuals or groups on behalf of the Executive if needed
- Quarterly Tourism Partners Meeting
- ADDA committee meetings
- Maintain a detailed and accurate member directory
- Manage multiple projects or parts of projects, as assigned
- Assist in planning and coordinating downtown events
- Assist with A/P and A/R
- Prepare and mail remittance checks/invoices
- Mail A/R invoices and statements
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments (multitask)
- Customer Service Skills
- Creative/Marketing Writing Skills
- Computer & Software Skills including Excel, Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Later, etc.
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Organizational Skills